DIY GLITTER PLATFORM BOOTS

22:52





Glitter boots are a way to add that "bedazzlement factor" to any outfit, rather than heading out to find the perfect pair at a costly expense, you can put them together at home with any pair of boots you wish to glitterize. For this DIY, I used my faux leather platform boots.

Things I Used:
- Glitter of your choice. I used Porta Craft in silver
- Mod Podge glue. This is one of the best as it also seals and adds a finish, so we can layer this over the glitter
- White and Black acrylic paint to create grey. Rather than keeping the black base, I want to paint the boots black so that any empty spots won't be so visible.
- Masking tape
- Paint brush








Firstly I used the masking tape to cover the edging of the elastic section of my boots so that I won't get any paint or glue there. Skip this step if you don't have any elastic on your boots.
I mixed the paint to a colour as similiar to the glitter as possible, then painted the whole shoe and let it dry.


Start to brush on the glue in sections and sprinkling a good amount of glitter over it. Another layer of glitter will be needed so it's okay if it gets a little messy. Work in sections so the glue doesn't dry before you can add the glitter.


Keep doing this until the whole shoe is covered, then leave to dry for about 20 minutes.




After covering the shoe with glitter and leaving to dry, brush the Modge Podge over to seal the glitter, then cover with another layer of glitter, and another layer of seal. Leave to dry for around 1 hour to be safe.

AND DONE!!!
This is the finished product, just remove the tape and they are ready to wear!!

 



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. YO THESE ARE SO COOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dfjkdhgfidj YES! These are too amazing! You're a genius. Reminds me of Vince Noir from The Mighty Boosh.

    Aida
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram

Subscribe